[Glade-users] hello there

        Hello there , its the first time I send mail to this list . I find Glade
very , very useful to me .

        I am a Windows Programmer and I aim to port my application ( TurboIRC 2000
, http://www.turboirc.com ) to Linux . I was able to create the basic
interface (window , menu , toolbars )  . However I haven't quite understood
the mechanism of the widget placement in a window .

        For example , I create a window and if i put a checkbox , it will take
whole space of the window . How can I limit its space and position
(x,y,w,h)?

        For example , a dialog with 20 controls couldn't be ported ,because each
time i could only add one widget to the main window .

        TurboIRC cotains about 100 dialox boxes , and it will be hard to port them
manually , I plan to create a small console program that reads the RC file
 the Windows resource script ) and converts it to Glade format . But to do
that I need to create at least one dialog with Glade and see its format .

I appreciate any help .

Michael.
xmic freemail gr