[Glade-users] ref: Glade interface

GTK, and by extension, Glade, uses a container based concept.  Unlike VB
and QT Designer, you don't just draw buttons and textboxes on your
form.  You create containers - vboxes, hboxes, tables, etc. and place
your widgets in them.  I would suggest that you pick up a beginning GTK
or GTK/Gnome book to really understand how this is done.

Because of the way the containers work, you can't just move widgets
around to make room for a new widget.  You need to go the the container
and increase its size, ie, change the hbox's properties from size = 3 to
size = 4.  Then if your widgets are in the wrong place afterwards, you
can cut+paste from one cell to another and add the new widget to the
empty cell.

ps, be careful when reducing the size of a container because if you go
too far, you will have lost widgets and there is no undo feature!

-b

Wang, Paul wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I am a starter of GLADE.
What I want to ask is how to add new widgets on the existing interface.
I am not familiar with the GLADE's way of design interface. Now, I can only
redesign the whole interface when new widgets are added.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul Wang.