[Glade-users] Re: [pygtk] Questions about accelerators.

This is -OUTSTANDING- information.  I have just one teeny weeny question,
which will cement me as a Newbie. :)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
struct GdkEventKey
  {
    GdkEventType type;
    GdkWindow *window;
    gint8 send_event;
    guint32 time;
    guint state;
    guint keyval;
    gint length;
    gchar *string;
  };

 GdkEventType type
the type of the event (GDK_KEY_PRESS or
GDK_KEY_RELEASE).

 GdkWindow *window
the window which received the event.

 gint8 send_event
TRUE if the event was sent explicitly (e.g. using XSendEvent).

Etc.  I understand that it's an GdkEventKey struct.  There's a lot of
structures returned from GTK.  I understand there are methods associated
with Objects that come back (ala a 'set_text' associated with a GtkEntry
field, etc).

But how do I retrieve values from the structure?  ala, 'gint' is within
the structure.  How do I get that value, with an explicit
get_gint() method associated with the object?

Somehow I feel like I'm missing something horrifically basic here, and I
do apologize if this results in much eye-rolling.

        dave.

-------------------.   Web-based problem management: www.stonekeep.com
shevett pobox com  /   16)Instead of referring to two or more people as   \
------------------<   "y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of   |
                  |  them are women. (from "You might be a yankee if...")  |