[Glade-users] Re: [pygtk] Questions about accelerators.

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, James Henstridge wrote:
Can you give me a quick code example?
If you just want to do something special for a particular widget, then
using the key_press_event signal is the correct aproach.  You look at the
attributes of the event object to see which key was pressed.  Return TRUE
if you handled the event yourself, and FALSE otherwise.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense, but I"m having problems wrapping the
event trigger.  (sp_sendtext is a gtktext widget)

        ta = widgets.get_widget('sp_sendtext')
        ta.signal_connect('key_press_event',sendkey)

Which triggers

def sendkey():
        print "Key pressed!  "
        return FALSE

But I get:

[shevett@cheetah]:~/python/spanker/proj1$ ./spanker.py
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/site-packages/gtk.py", line 125, in
__call__
    ret = apply(self.func, a)
TypeError: no arguments expected

Wha'd i do wrong?

Also, could you point me to the structure of an event object?

-------------------.   Web-based problem management: www.stonekeep.com
shevett pobox com  /  Don't byte off more than you can view. (Maxims for  \
------------------<                   the Internet Age)                    |