[Glade-users] globals vs locals... again

There's always an opposing view.  ;-)

Nothing should be global.  Making widget pointers global prevents you
from having multiple instances of a widget realised.  It also suggests a
design that violates the principles of modular isolation.  It causes
interdependencies that increase the maintenance cost.

Give any example of why one widget's callback needs to know another
widget's pointer, and I will explain how I would code for that in a
modular fashion without using global widget pointers.

--
James Cameron                                      (cameron stl dec com)