[Glade-users] Building Apps With Glade

Josh 'Gage' wrote:

Hello List...

I'm attempting to create a program with Glade, and am clueless as to how to
go from clicking 'build source' to the compile process to the executable.

I tried running autoconf and automake but I get a bunch of errors(mostly
related to GNOME, which im building for)

This is in the FAQ:

2.1 How do I build the code generated by Glade?

 A: You need automake >= 1.4 & autoconf >= 2.13 to build the generated C code.
    You also need gettext >= 0.10.35 if you enabled gettext support. See the
    'Requirements' section in the README file for links to these.

    Run './autogen.sh' in the toplevel directory of the project to run
    automake, autoconf and the related utilities to build the Makefiles. Pass
    it any options you want passed to configure, e.g.

        ./autogen.sh --prefix /usr/local/gnome

    Then run 'make' to build your application.

    Note that for Gnome applications, you must also do a 'make install' so that
    the pixmaps are installed properly. If you don't do that, it will still
    run, but you won't see the pixmaps.