[Glade-users] GnomeFontPicker callback...

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000, Damon Chaplin wrote:

"James K. Wiggs" wrote:

 Folks,

   I'm using Glade 0.5.9, and I've built a GnomePropertyBox
which includes several GnomeFontPicker widgets.  Unfortunately,
the generated code for the font_set callback causes parse errors.

   Here is the generated callback prototype:

void
actslx_ChartProperties_font_set    (GnomeFontPicker *gnomefontpicker,
                                    GtkString        arg1,
                                    gpointer         user_data);

   Which causes a parse error when it gets to GtkString.  I've gone
through and checked and double-checked the library codes, and there
does not appear to *be* a GtkString type defined *anywhere*.  What
should be getting passed as the 2nd parameter in this callback?

It should be a 'char*', and is the name of the font selected.

   OK, I'll go in and make that change.  I had actually figured it must
be a GtkArg and put that in instead.  The code compiled just fine.  It
didn't really matter, because I never accessed the value in the callback;
the callback's only job was to notify the GnomePropertyBox that contained
the font picker that it had changed, to set the "Apply" button sensitive.

(A few of the GTK+ builtin type names seem to have been changed a while back,
which messed up Glade's output of a few signal prototypes. But I think I've
fixed it now.)

Thanks for the report.

   You're quite welcome.

Damon