[Glade-devel] Window width and height request

Should I write up a bug or wait for the outcome of your discussion?

j.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Geddes [mailto:vgeddes at metroweb.co.za]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 3:27 PM
To: Jeff Westerinen
Cc: glade-devel at lists.ximian.com
Subject: Re: [Glade-devel] Window width and height request

Hi Jeff

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 14:42 -0800, Jeff Westerinen wrote:
For a GtkWindow, when you enable then change the width-request or
height-request values in the common properties editor, it seems that
the size of the window in the workspace only changes if the new values

are _larger_ than the original.  In other words, you can never reduce
the size of a window from within the property editor; you can only
enlarge it.

Is this the intended behavior or is this a bug?

I'd say it's a bug at this point.

Resizing the window in the workspace should only affect the default size
of the GtkWindow. Specifically, this means the "default-width" and
"default-height" properties on GtkWindow subclasses.

Right now, the resizing functionality seems to affect the
"width-request" and "height-request" properties instead, and I don't
think this is the right behaviour. I do need to discuss this issue with
Tristan, but I have not gotten around to doing that yet.

cheers

Vincent