[Glade-devel] Re: Glade Palette Prototype

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 10:26 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Vincent Geddes wrote:
[...]
Hello Tristan

I do intend to rewrite the GladePalette class, and will take into
account all the points outlined in your message.

My GladePaletteExpander was a bit of a hack, I just used the GTK
GtkExpander source, and fiddled with it's drawing code to get the look I
wanted. I did try and subclass GtkExpander, but I needed to access some
of it's private members, so that was the end of that. I could use a
normal GtkExpander until as such time that I work out a solution.

Heh, my frustration with private data structures on gtk widgets
knows no limits.

Maybe you need some new public API. You could suggest/patch it to the
gtk developers. It's much easier to add access to something than to
remove it, so things start out simple.

[snip]

--
Murray Cumming