[Glade-devel] Toolbar support

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:13:43 +0100, Richard Hult <richard imendio com> wrote:
Hi,

I've been looking at getting toolbar editing working (bug #157163).
There are basically two options:

1. Make it work like in glade-2, where the toolbar is just a regular
container, and you have additional tool items in the palette for toolbar
buttons, check/togglebuttons and a toolbar separator item. You can also
put any other widget in the toolbar, in which case glade automatically
inserts a tool item container for you.

2. Implement a toolbar editor instead and don't expose the toolbar as a
container.

3. Implement a non-widget relationship between the GtkToolbar and
the GtkToolItem.

This would mean that on a right click of a GtkToolbar parent would
give you an "Add" submenu that allows you to add a choice of
    - GtkToolItem
    - GtkToolButton
    - GtkMenuToolButton
    - GtkToggleToolButton
    - GtkRadioToolButton
    - GtkSeparatorToolItem

In the case of a GtkToolItem we could add a placeholder.

Currently this is how non-widgets work in glade-3, we could probably
do the same thing for menus come to think of it.

Hmmmm, Food for thought.