[Glade-devel] Toolbar support

Hi,

I've been looking at getting toolbar editing working (bug #157163).
There are basically two options:

1. Make it work like in glade-2, where the toolbar is just a regular
container, and you have additional tool items in the palette for toolbar
buttons, check/togglebuttons and a toolbar separator item. You can also
put any other widget in the toolbar, in which case glade automatically
inserts a tool item container for you.

2. Implement a toolbar editor instead and don't expose the toolbar as a
container.

If anyone has any thoughts about this, I'd be interested in hearing
about them.

The first solution is pretty good in my opinion. Having a toolbar editor
that would work nicely with drag and drop etc would be nice, but it
would be a lot more work. Maybe it is something that we can implement
later on.

Bringing the current glade-2 like toolbar editing to a working state
should be pretty quick, I've done most of it already. Adding a container
widget automatically like glade-2 does is more tricky, I don't think
it's possible currently so we would have to add some infrastructure for
that. Do we want this?

Comments, anyone?

Regards,
Richard