[Glade-devel] Octave GUI Editor Based on Glade

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 12:55, Muthu wrote:
Hi!
Im trying to make a Octave GUI Editor Based on Glade,
version 2.0.

I have been succesful in extending GLADE, GTK GUI
Builder for use with Octave so that we could have a
GUI-IDE like the ones available for NON-FREE
software.

RIght now this GLADE editor can allow you to create a
new UI, with the base as a GtkFixed widget, so that
user need not bother about packing/box layouts etc.
The output is saved as a .glade file.

Now we are planning to extend this .glade file to
generate the octave sources, with help of libXML etc.
But we need to have the octave GUI
API ready before that. Well thats another thing we are
working on ...

I would like to know if version 2.6 and other versions
will be compatible with the current glade stuff?

Yes, there are no plans on changing the file format. We will just be
adding support for new widgets and new widget properties.

Note that the use of GtkFixed is not recommended, since it doesn't work
well when interfaces are translated into different languages. Text in
some languages is a lot longer than in others.

Damon