[Glade-devel] Invalid property values

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:12:40 +1000, Shane Butler <shane butler gmail com> wrote:
Are there any cases yet where you would want to refuse the change but
not have a set_function?

I have one case where I am aware that it is needed, and it happens to have
a set_function.

Now that I have to implement a way to deny the value, Is there a reason
to make it exclusive to properties that have set_functions ?

Note:
           Today I had to implement a workaround defaulting the "pattern"
property of GtkLabel to "" instead of NULL, because it segfaults on NULL,
I'm not sure it applies (i.e. the glade property editor probably sets a null
charachter for an empty string as opposed to a NULL pointer) but I think
its an example that shows the possibility of needing to verify values that
don't have a set_function.