[Glade-devel] Embedding glade in other applications (like IDE )

I'm sure people would appreciate a list of
A) What glade-3 does/will do better than glade-2.
B) What still needs to be fixed/implemented to make glade-3
at least as
usable as glade-2.
and
C) Tarball releases.

With regard to A and B, during the holidays I put together a
simple page explaining that stuff and with links to the
relevant bugzilla entries and to the TODO file on
cvs.gnome.org/bonsai.

http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/glade3/TODO

I sent it to Damon asking to including it in glade.gnome.org;
probably he hasn't had the time to look at it yet. Anyway I'm
also attaching it here.

Thanks.

The thing about runtime-pluggable extensions for extra widgets doesn't sound
different than what glade-2 does, but I don't know the system very well.

If nobody steps us to help with TODO items, it might help to suggested where
in the code people might start hacking. Is the menu editing just a bit
broken or does it need a complete rewrite?

As for the tarball, I also agree that we should put out one
(marking really clear that it is alpha quality) at least to
make some noise. Last time I asked Joaquin, he preferred to
wait that some of the remaining issues are be fixed.

It intalls in parallel with glade-2 so I don't think it's any problem if
it's useless. By making a release you show more people that it needs their
help and you show more people that it's near-enough finished that their help
can take it that last few steps to being usable.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net