[Glade-devel] GUI graph editor?

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 13:52, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
Hello.
What about adding the following kind of editor to Glade?
  http://www.infres.enst.fr/~elc/XXL/

I don't really see a benefit from the graph ... it's not
clear what advantage that has over the tree view in Glade,
since the widget structure is just a tree.

I *would* really like to see a design mode in Glade which
looked a bit like the screenshot on the right. (But without
all the confusing Xaw constraint arrows), where every
widget (including containers) had a distinct colored border
so that the hierarchy of boxes, etc, was immediately
visible.

Then you could have drag-and-drop rearrangement of widgets;
with some intelligent code for auto-addition of containers,
it could make things really nice.

Regards,
                                        Owen