[Glade-devel] Response-id property (incompatible change in glade file format needed?)

Thank you for your fast reply,

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 19:04, Damon Chaplin wrote:
On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 15:16, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

Damon & James, what would you think about changing "response-id" to a
child-property?  I don't like "almost" compatible formats, so I guess that
Damon would like to leave glade-2 like it is right now, but I would like to
at least have libglade support "response-id" as a child-property.

I don't think it is worth doing until GTK+ supports it. Otherwise you
may have to change it again.

I think you should wait until you have Glade-3 fully working, then you
can see all of the areas where GTK+ properties aren't sufficient.

If it was up to me, I'd just make 'response-id' a property of GtkButton,
and then in the documentation say that it is only useful when in a
dialog. That's a lot simpler than trying to fix it in GTK+!

Ok, I was hoping for supporting 'response-id' without side effects (as
having the property on every button), but as you say 'response-id' being
a property looks like a good compromise for now (I've just committed a
change to handle that).