[Glade-devel] Scalable GtkImage for an HMI builder.

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 04:23, Damon Chaplin wrote:
On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 02:04, Juan Carlos Orozco wrote:
Hello,

I implemented a HMI (Human Machine Interface) for the MatPLC project
So we would prefer to use GtkImage if only we could scale the images and
see a feedback of it.

GtkImage doesn't support scaling the image, so we can't really support
it in Glade.

I think you'll have to use a custom widget to do this. (You could use
some of the old GnomePixmap code.)

For this we need to learn how to get the width and height on gtk2.
Before we used gtk_widget_get ... but this function is not on the new
gtk2.

BTW, I am also interested in custom widgets with visual feedback, this
is that one can see the custom widget in the design window in its real
form. I am thinking something similar to the way a graphical java bean
is represented in a IDE tool. Is something like this planned in the new
Glade3 development? Bonobo components perhaps? I know there is a custom
widget in Glade2 but it gets drawed as a plain square. I am pushing my
luck here, but it would be great if this custom widgets could be placed
in a palette.

It is planned in Glade3. Bonobo components are partially supported in
Glade2, though I'm not sure how well they work.

I am interested to test Glade3 from cvs to see how it is evolving. Where
can I get this code? I found glade and glade2 folders on the gnome cvs
but no glade3? Is the support for Bonobo already being tested or it is
not included yet?

Thankyou.

Regards,

        Juan Carlos Orozco