[Glade-devel] Re-ordering the glade-3 palette

--- Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com> wrote:
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 22:03 +0100, Joaquin Cuenca
Abela wrote:
There was an old alternative layout in glade-2
that separated widgets in:

Toplevel widgets
Containers
Standard widgets
Data entry

While this seems an obvious way to split the
catalogs, I'm not sure this
categorization works very well wrt to usability: the
user would have to
change the "page" of the palette a lot more since
even the simplest
dialog has at least 1 toplevel, 1 containers and
some buttons).

Very good point.

I'd prefer if all the commonly used widgets (window,
[vh]boxes, buttons,
etc) are kept on the first page as they are now.

Ok, I will try to categorize as:

Base
Dialogs
Obsolete

Dialogs are usually fully constructed (file chooser
dialog, the color chooser dialog, etc), so you don't
have to go back to base to pick additional widgets.

We can also name obsolete "Miscellaneous", and put
there the rulers, the color chooser, etc.

If we pass some widgets from base to advanced (the
layout, drawing area), we should be able to slim a bit
base, yet retaining there the most used widgets.

I'm still fully open to suggestions...

Cheers,

=====
Joaquin Cuenca Abela