[Glade-devel] support for integrated development environments (IDEs)

Hello,

Has anyone thought about providing some sort of API which allows
external applications to
manipulate the state of the glade user interface via API calls, and
hooks which would allow
an external application to define custom actions to be taken in
response to user actions
taking place within the Glade API?

This would be very useful for embedding Glade in an IDE and having
seveal plugins that
operate with it. Just look at how well Oracle JDeveloper combines
links the code editor
functionality with the UI builder. I am not talking about the code
generation, which has
been taken out of glade. I am talking about the possible integration
in an IDE, where
changing a variable name in Glade, automatically changes it in the
code or similar...

Think of eclipse (see eclipse.org), where you change a variable in one
place and they
are all changed (eclipse plugins know about C and Java code syntax, so
it can do such
things... makes things very productive...)

Regards,

Neil