[Glade-devel] Glade and Custom widgets

Damon Chaplin wrote:

No, you don't need to do that.

If your widget can calculate its own width & height exactly, it should
do that in the normal size_request/size_allocate class methods, e.g. see
gtklabel.c. You don't need to set the width/height in Glade in this
case.

If your widget is something like a GtkTreeView, where the width & height
is set by the application, you set the Width/Height on the Common tab to
a reasonable *minimum* width/height, and then set the dialog's default
width/height properties to a reasonable default size for the entire
dialog. That way the user can resize the dialog as appropriate.

Right so my widget is like a GtkTreeView; and the problem is when I set
a specific width/height in the
common tab in glade my widget does not recieve a size_request with the
values from the common tab.  Perhaps,
a better question is how are the width/height values from the common tab
propagated to the custom widget?  I
was under the impression a custom widget would recieve a size_request.
But, when I trace my widget it does not
recieve a size_request with the values in the commn tab.  So, for now
i've resorted to using the parameters passed
to the widget constructor, int1 and int2.

-Todd