[Glade-devel] Glade 3 development

On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 18:09, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

It would be great if you can work porting the glade2 menu editor to glade3,
as it's the main funtional part that glade3 is missing, and it will most
probably not collide with my not yet committed changes.

Wasn't Archit working on this? Is your code working yet Archit?

I'd rather avoid this one if possible :)

After the menu editor, yes, I think the next thing will be to check that all
the widgets works as expected.

While checking GtkWindow today I noticed a few things that need fixing:

 o Problems drawing selection rectangles, e.g. in GtkWindow, GtkEntry.
   I had lots of problems with this in Glade, since the window you need
   to draw on isn't necessarily the widget's window (some widgets have
   more than one window and these may not cover the widget's entire
   allocated area.) Maybe we should port the glade-2 code over. It is
   horrible code but we know it works pretty well.

 o Handling properties that shouldn't be set within Glade.
   e.g. the 'modal' property of GtkWindow shouldn't be set within Glade,
   since if it was you wouldn't be able to use other windows.
   Currently the widget.xml file has <SetFunction>ignore</SetFunction>
   for this, so it isn't set within Glade, but it isn't saved either.

 o Support for pixmap properties, e.g. for the window "icon" property.

 o Support for the event mask property.

 o The tooltip property isn't working. For lots of widgets it doesn't
   even appear.

 o Saving to XML has a problem. If I delete a widget and click 'Save'
   it says 'Project xxx saved' but doesn't save it.

 o 'Resize Mode' property probably shouldn't be shown, as I don't think
   it is usable by applications and may break things.

 o 'Allow shrink' & 'Allow grow' properties probably shouldn't be shown
   as I think they are deprecated (see gtkwindow.h).

I might have a look at some of these tomorrow.

Damon