[Glade-devel] Re: Toolbox widget for libegg

Biswapesh wrote:

This looks super cool ! We could really use something like
this in Anjuta. I bet the Glade guys would probably salivate
over this as well. Something for Glade-3, Joaquin ?

I don't want to change very much the current interface until we get the
same functionality as glade-2, but yes, I would like to change the
palette in the future.

The toolbox of the screenshot is already better than the current one,
because you can show several categories at the same time, but in my
experience, you lost too much time scanning the toolbox each time that
you look for a weird widget.

Maybe it's just that the current icons are not clear enough in some
cases, or maybe we need a better classification of widgets (by category
instead of by "library") or maybe it's a matter of adding the textual
description of the widget next to the icon like MS does.  I don't really
know.

When I will be done with the menu editor, I will tweak this toolbox to
try these alternatives and see how they look.

Another part of the GUI that I will like to change a little bit
(specially now that we will be integrated with anjuta, is the signal
editor).  With the current interface it's quite easy to "lost" data (or
it's only me who forget to click the "Add" button when adding a new
signal?), and some signal could be added in a more direct way (like
clicking on a button to add a new click signal handler).