[Glade-devel] [LONG] Glade and Anjuta

Hi,

Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
Hi all

I was workink on the new glade 3 , because I saw thet nothing changed a
long time ago. (but, it always difficult to go inside a program written
by another person, and it takes time)

This program uses a new approach, and use dynamic generation of the
properties, signals, and widgets.

All the widgets are described in separate xml files, very simple to parse.

So it could be easy to add different widget (gnome, home made, bononbo).

The program is not yet working well, many bugs and features not working,
but the framework looks good.

I wanted to modify this program, and add the gnome part (not included).

The problem with code generation was that we have a very BIG glade file
. I want to have a xml file for every top widget, and maybe, for some
parts, we could want to separate these parts from the project ( for
example, to adapt one part of the gui to different countries  which have
different vues of the same problem).

Only ideas (from now) , but needed very quicly for gnome !!!

Maybe, it could be necessary to plan in a group the features, the
architecture (framework), and after that, only code the program.

The framework could be such a way to permit to include the glade program
to be independant, to be included in another program.

Hope this help,

and hope that yhis program will quickly be on the way,

Eric!
-----
--