[Glade-devel] libglade usage

Todd Fisher wrote:

I have a very simple libglade application.  I used glade-2.0.1 to
generate a
.glade file which contains a gtkWindow and a GtkButton nothing else.
It defines
two signal handlers.   A  realize and destroy signal for the
GtkWindow. when i use the following as my main applicaion the realize
signal handler is not
called.

<...>

I expect to run the program see my window pop up and see hello printed
at the terminal.
I get no Gtk Warnings or Errors instead.  I think its important to
have this realize signal
handler called because I want to initialize my application here.

any ideas?  Am i misuing the api? is this a bug in libglade?

I've tested this with the lastest unstable release of libglade and a
fairly recent cvs version and
noticed the same behavoir.

Your window is just realized before glade_xml_signal_autoconnect() call.
Possible solutions:
1. (the nice one) Test your main window widget with
GTK_WIDGET_REALIZED() macro.
2. (the worse and untested) Set "Visible" flag ("Common" tab in
"Properties" notebook) to FALSE, get a pointer to your window (with call
like 'glade_xml_get_widget(xml, "window1")') and call
gtk_widget_show_all() on it before gtk_main().

    Olexiy