[gitg] Hello from SoC intern

Hello all,

I am very pleased that yu have accepted me intern for Gitg in this round of Google Summer of Code :-) Thank you!!

I am very excited and would like to discuss and plan out the tasks and deliverables starting today. As mentioned in my proposal [1] I would have final exams in June last week to July first week and hence would like to start chipping away at my tasks right away so I can make up for the time that will lost oncoming.

As per earlier earlier discussion with one of my mentors, Paolo Borelli, I think I am OK to take up 1 advanced operation feature and 1 or 2 basic features to implement. As Paolo said earlier, that it won't make sense if Gitg has Format-patch feature but no Commit feature in the first place.

Once we have discussed these fine details. I'd like to plan out the GUI layout (as in, rough ideas saying to the likes of saying: "This feature could look like like X feature from Y product of GNOME") and then start implementing my tasks week by week.

I will be sending in Weekly reports (every Monday morning say 10 AM IST) to this mailing list on what I'm up to (starting even before June 17, that is once the features to implement and GUI design has been agreed upon).

On weekends when I have some time to spare (between my time from studying for finals and my master's thesis), I'd like to take up random bug solving or probably triaging our already filed bugs as Adam Dingle has suggested in another post.[2]

So hopefully I haven't forgotten anything and am keeping it real with the plan? ;) Let me know your thoughts!

-Sindhu

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/sindhus/27001
[2] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gitg-list/2013-May/msg00014.html