Re: [Gimp-web] [New here] I would like to offer my help!

Hi Marco!

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 12:17:27 +0000
Marco Ciampa via gimp-web-list <gimp-web-list gnome org> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 09:43:19AM -0500, Pat David via gimp-web-list wrote:
Howdy!

We have a few different web properties that are handled a little
differently.

Primarily we have https://www.gimp.org which is the main website people
usually find.
This site is currently a static website built using the Pelican generator
(Python 3 right now).
The repo for the website is here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/gimp-web

I would like to migrate this to use Hugo (https://gohugo.io) instead.
We (pixls.us) keep a base Hugo template handy using Bootstrap:
https://gitlab.com/pixlsus/hugo-bootstrap-bare

I would take time to familiarize yourself with the repo and to ask/propose
any questions on the issue tracker there (for maximum visibility).

I agree with the Hugo choice and I would like to help though my knowledge
about hugo is near zero.

One suggestion though, use asciidoc instead of markdown for hugo. It can
be done and it should:

- https://stiobhart.net/2020-04-18-hugo-asciidoctor/

- https://www.cosmos547.moe/posts/hugo-with-asciidoc/

I also prefer asciidoc over the markdown dialects, but note that there is too
much "bikeshedding":

* http://shlomifishswiki.branchable.com/Never_Try_to_Please_Everyone/

* https://bikeshed.com/

also another really nice feature should / would be making the site
multilanguage using po4a:

https://www.po4a.org/

--

Saluton,
Marco Ciampa

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
Chuck Norris/etc. Facts - https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/

When Chuck Norris receives an E-mail signed “Sent from my iPhone”, he makes
sure that iPhone won’t be able to send any more E-mails — to Norris or
otherwise.
    — https://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/