Re: [Gimp-web] Website gimp.org is marked as Malicious

I'm looking at this on my mobile, so browsing these reports is a bit difficult - but I'm not quite able to
make out what exactly this service thinks it has found in these files?

On 7 August 2019 15:39:50 CEST, Shimon Shore via gimp-web-list <gimp-web-list gnome org> wrote:

The report is from Hybrid Analysis. I understand the point about the
hash files but there are quite a few other files that are suspicious
and possibly infected.

Thank you for the VirusTotal report.

Do you have any other reports that might help our cyber security group?

-----Original Message-----
From: gimp-web-list <gimp-web-list-bounces gnome org> On Behalf Of
Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-web-list
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 11:59 AM
To: gimp-web-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-web] Website gimp.org is marked as Malicious

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 11:17 AM Shimon Shore via gimp-web-list wrote:

Hello,

I am interested in using Gimp in our organization. In order to get
approval from our cyber security unit they tested your website on
Hybrid Analysis which marks it as Malicious -
https://www.hybrid-
analysis.com/sample/4d31ab35224693e07ef33b7c97ffa09
962ec205a86fd16af03e246ebd374da1e

One of the main problems is that many of the files on your server
failed
virus scans as seen below.

Can you look into/fix the problem with infected files on your
server?

Hello Shimon,

I'm looking at the generated report with one eyebrow up and a stupid
grin on
my silly face because it tells me, among other things, that several
AV tools
flagged SHA256 hash files as malicious :) Are your CS guys aware of
false
positives?

How about testing the latest build for Windows?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/90038ea1895b2fe2a63fe6f69fc2115161b
9af6a509e96ee08371138260de45e/detection

Alex