Re: [Gimp-web] Website gimp.org is marked as Malicious

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 11:17 AM Shimon Shore via gimp-web-list wrote:

Hello,

I am interested in using Gimp in our organization. In order to get approval from our cyber security unit
they tested your website on Hybrid Analysis which marks it as Malicious -
https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/4d31ab35224693e07ef33b7c97ffa09962ec205a86fd16af03e246ebd374da1e

One of the main problems is that many of the files on your server failed virus scans as seen below.

Can you look into/fix the problem with infected files on your server?

Hello Shimon,

I'm looking at the generated report with one eyebrow up and a stupid
grin on my silly face because it tells me, among other things, that
several AV tools flagged SHA256 hash files as malicious :) Are your CS
guys aware of false positives?

How about testing the latest build for Windows?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/90038ea1895b2fe2a63fe6f69fc2115161b9af6a509e96ee08371138260de45e/detection

Alex