Re: [Gimp-web] Gimp is being sold on Ebay :(

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 11:45:51 -0400
Kasim Ahmic via gimp-web-list <gimp-web-list gnome org> wrote:

See the following excerpt of the GNU GPL v3 license that GIMP uses:

“When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our
General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom
to distribute copies of free software (and charge for them if you wish), that
you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the
software or use pieces of it in new free programs, and that you know you can
do these things.”

Like Pat said, while shady, it is still permissible. And I’m noticing people
have already pointed out that it is indeed free online and have linked to it
as well. It couldn’t hurt to add additional comments just to make sure people
are aware of it.

Also see https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html .
——
Kasim Ahmić

On Jul 31, 2018, at 11:14 AM, Pat David via gimp-web-list