[Gimp-web] Is the project still running?

Hi, I was wondering if the GIMP project is still running. I saw that the
development page had not been updated since 2013 and that the website has
also not been updated in a while. If I is not, I would love to take over
the project and breath some life into it. My plans are to re-design the
website as well as update it continuously and to guide the development to
rival the release cycles of Blender. I hope that I will be able to help
this great project get back up and running.

Thanks,

John Roper