Re: [Gimp-web] Testing branch and http://testing.gimp.org

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 01:31:57AM +0100, Michael Schumacher wrote:
On 11.03.2014 00:57, Roman Joost wrote:
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 01:29:26AM +0100, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Our web host, cube.gtk.org, is set up to check the branch for changes
every five minutes; and if there are any, pulls them and builds the site
into the document root of the http://testing.gimp.org site.

If this works well, I'll set up the same for http://www.gimp.org
Any way we can do this with http://docs.gimp.org too?

If we've got the necessary dependencies there - for the website, those
are next to none, i.e. Python 2.4 with its standard modules.

All we need is docbook web stylesheets and that is it. A simple:

    make

in the 'web' directory will produce the necessary HTML files under
web/html.

Always doing this manually and then copying it to cube makes me cringe.
For the docs website changes are not that often, so we could even get
away with just updating the site with changes under gimp-help-2/web.

Kind Regards,
--
Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de