Re: [Gimp-web] Become official Mirror

(sorry was intended to go to the list)

Hi Alexandre,

Thank you so much for the quick response!

We did not set it up yet, as we still need access to a current rsync server. It seems like: rsync://mirror.umd.edu/gimp/ is not up-to-date, if I am comparing correctly with download.gimp.org/pub/gimp/ (torrent links for example missing).

I am trying to do a rsync but it seems it is protected by a password?

$ rsync download.gimp.org::

rsync          The GIMP Download Site

$ rsync download.gimp.org::rsync

Password:

Or am I doing something wrong?

Our servers are in St. Louis / USA - we have enough space and bandwidth (a forum does not consume so much after all ;) ). The final download url would be (not working yet though): http://gimper.net/download/ (using lighttpd as webserver).

Regards,
Gunter Grodotzki

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

Hi,

Glad to hear that :) Please provide exact URLs so we could add them.
Also, where is your server located geographically?

Alex