[Gimp-web] Proposed gimp tutorial

Gimp Doc Guys,

One of the listed methods to contribute to the Gimp project, listed on the
website, is to write a tutorial.  I tried sending in a tutorial for basic
scripting (it was probably too long) about a year and a half ago.  I did
not hear back, but since the scripting tutorial did make some improvements
I hope that it did have some positive contribution.

I did have another area where I thought that a few tutorials might be of
interest and helpful to others, and that is in the area of Automation.
This is an area that is nearer to my interests anyway (closer to my career
interests).  I think Gimp is unique in its capability as a platform for
automating the image editing process.  I am talking about Automating the
process of custom edits not just using an "I feel lucky" button on a photo
manager.

I think there is room in the area of automation for a couple of tutorials,
I wrote up an example for one (importing a directory of images / jpg ->
xcf).  I think other tutorials could cover reading & writing parasites,
parasites as flow control variables, how to build & execute a recipe /
process / flow.  I touched on these possibilities in the included file
"Introduction".

Anyway, here is my dilemma. I would be happy to write a draft for tutorials
on some or all of these topics, or better yet, co-author them with a
member(s) of the gimp-doc team.  I have no where to publish a tutorial, and
it seems pointless to write something that no one will read.

Take a look at the attached documents and scripts. Let me know if this idea
is something that sounds interesting. The *.odt format files are open
office writer format.

Thanks,

Stephen Kiel

--