Re: [Gimp-web] GIMP Site Redesign

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 3:21 AM, Mike Finch wrote:
> Hey all,
> On the topic of redesign, I suggest GIMP goes in this direction:
>  http://1sixty.com/030412_GIMP_Homepage.png

So, as mentioned earlier, some wording's got to change to follow the
product vision [1]. And some typography rules have to be honored too.
:et's have some evil micromanagement :)

- Gimp > GIMP
- no dots at the end of headers, i.e. "GIMP" instead of "GIMP."
- "The freely distrubuted"... Oh? It was free all the way. It's kinda
substantial :)
- "play with tools" - people play with toys , but _work_ with tools :)
We deliver a tool.
- "design like a pro" - same again, this is an appeal to amateurs,
while we are aiming higher. "to create professional quakity designs"
would send the right message, albeit that would be too much use use of
"professional" on a single page.
- "Professional level photo filters" could be "Excellent color grading filters"
- I'm not entrirely sure you need ttitle case on call to action
buttons. All caps would do.

Comments on navigation etc. will follow.

[1] http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign#product_vision

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org