Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP text editing help needed

On Fri, 10 Sep 2021, Liam R E Quin wrote:

Make sure you are eiter (1) changing the size in tool options, or (2)
selecting the text before using the on-canvas tool.

Liam,

I'm not finding an Options item in the Tools menu.

Using the rectangle select tool I enclose the text, select the text tool
option box, change the font size, and nothing changes in that layer on the
image.

Right-clicking on that layer in the layers display box I select Text Tool,
change the font size and nothing changes in the layer on that image.

What might I be missing here?

Thanks,

Rich