[Gimp-user] Problem with paintbrush tool

I am a 78 yr old female, not professional, but I have been using the GIMP for 20 years, doing photo editing that is pretty simple. I am not a nerd/geek, my husband is. Most things on this list are way over my head. We use Kubutu operating system. GIMP has changed a lot of things lately and I've managed to get most of what I want/like to use.

BUT now in the Tool Options, I have a paint brush that is a star. When I use it, it whirls around and I don't know how to stop it. Other brushes I created also do it. I can't find out how to stop that. It didn't use to do it.

I still use the multi-windows what I love.

Thanks for any simple help.