Re: [Gimp-user] Canvas Size on Crop

On Mon, Oct 18, 2021 at 8:38 PM Cristian Secară wrote:

Enabling the "Delete cropped pixels" checkbox in Crop tool's options
restores the old destructive behavior

After crop, usually I go to Layer > Layer to Image Size.

Until this 'discussion' I never noticed the "Delete cropped pixels" option :)

That's the thing with new options and preferences: they aren't
discoverable, and people tend to avoid reading release notes. I mean,
people are still discovering the single-window mode after almost 10
years! :)

There are some less intrusive ways to make people aware of new
options. I did file https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5541
a while ago, and it looks like Jehan is interested in implementing
that at some point in the future. That should take away some friction.

Alex