[Gimp-user] Download for 2.10.24 not installing

Good evening --

Relatively new GIMP user here, and at a bit of a loss for what to do: I was told my GIMP had an updated
version, so went and downloaded that (just used the default Windows option, direct from the site), and in my
Downloads folder, neither the application nor the .part files want to operate.

The application informs me it isn't right for my version of Windows (but I thought it automatically detected
which version of Windows I was running and installed the appropriate version), and the .part file asks me
what program I want to open it with, which doesn't seem normal.

Any insight about how to get the right version of the update for Windows 8.1 64-bit?

Thanks very much.