[Gimp-user] Mixing type fonts or sizes on the same layer

Greetings!

I hope that I have sent this inquiry to the right place.

I am using Gimp 2.8.10  I being in a GIF, open it, add a layer of text in
the font and size I want, add drop shadow.  After the layers are all made
to be of the same size and interlaced I have a GIF with a message on its
top layer, all in the same font and point size.

I want to be able to have at least two point sizes of the same font
appearing "on top" of a GIF or JPG.  I suspect that it will take the
creation of another layer as I have learned that a layer will accept but
one text box at a time.  I have attempted to use the Add Layer but I am
missing something or doing something wrong.

May I please have some help to get me going in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Old Crow Paula

--

*"It's so nice to know so many nice people."*

*---Eddie Gallaher (1914-2003)     Radio Personality, Washington, DC
1947-2000*