Re: [Gimp-user] Change background colour with GIMP 2.10.22

Sorry  I forgot to write, that I'm using kubuntu (ubuntu wiht KDE graphic
screen) and I have only 4 GB RAM.

Zoltán Kluik <numizmatikakz gmail com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. márc. 25.,
Cs 17:32):

Dear Liam,

Yes, the image is in RGB colour 8 bit.
What does it mean?
"to use select -> grow by 1 oe 2  pixels and then select shrink to remove
small unselected dots."  Please explain it.

However I have reduced the size of the images, and tried to attach it
(100kb is the limit), so that's why the aim what I'm writing can not seen.

   1. Coin_original.jpg --> The original image
   2. After_global_matting.jpg --> The image after Global matting. If You
   can see when I select only the coin, GIMP copied some other points and when
   I press crtl+shift+v It can see that not outside of the edge of the image
   there is some other points (not fully white)
   3. After_Global_and_Levin_matting.jpg --> the outside points of the
   edges are deleted, which is perfect, but the colour of the edge is totally
   wrong (not same as the original was, because of the selection of global
   matting).

So this is my problem. In the old GIMP this was better..

I have thousands of photos and (and continuously will have) if the
background change process takes more time than a minute / image then I need
to change to someone else.
Thank you for Your help in advance.

Zoltan

Zoltán Kluik <numizmatikakz gmail com> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. márc.
25., Cs, 17:24):

Dear Liam,

Yes, the image is in RGB colour 8 bit.
What does it mean?
"to use select -> grow by 1 oe 2  pixels and then select shrink to remove
small unselected dots."  Please explain it.

However I have reduced the size of the images, and tried to attach it. I
hope the system can accept it.

   1. Coin_original.jpg --> The original image
   2. After_global_matting.jpg --> The image after Global matting. If
   You can see when I select only the coin, GIMP copied some other points and
   when I press crtl+shift+v It can see that not outside of the edge of the
   image there is some other points (not fully white)
   3. After_Global_and_Levin_matting.jpg --> the outside points of the
   edges are deleted, which is perfect, but the colour of the edge is totally
   wrong (not same as the original was, because of the selection of global
   matting).

So this is my problem. In the old GIMP this was better..

I have thousands of photos and (and continuously will have) if the
background change process takes more time than a minute / image then I need
to change to someone else.
Thank you for Your help in advance.

Zoltan

Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net> ezt írta (időpont: 2021. márc. 25., Cs,
14:35):

On Wed, 2021-03-24 at 00:15 +0100, Zoltán Kluik via gimp-user-list