Re: [Gimp-user] Change background colour with GIMP 2.10.22

On Wed, 2021-03-24 at 00:15 +0100, Zoltán Kluik via gimp-user-list
wrote:
. Now in 2.10.22 I open a picture, using foreground
selection tool, but in this version there is a motor feature where I
can
select Global- and Levin matting. I use both with iteration value 1.
First
Global is selected, coin is rounded, pressing enter, selecting the
foreground with the mouse, again pressing enter. Here the problem is
that
under the coin where the green background’s colour was a little bit
darker
there are green dots.

One approach is  to use select->grow by 1 oe 2  pixels and then select-
shrink, to remove small  unselected dots.

Is your image in 8-bit colour RGB mode? The title bar of GIMP will tell
you.

Without a sample image it's hard to tell  what's going on exactly. I
take it you are running Linux under GNOME 3 and have 32GBytes of RAM?

Liam

IRC::ankh in full-time voluntary servitude