[Gimp-user] Images different in other editors

I'm using the Windows version of Gimp 2.10 .

When I create an image in Gimp to my satisfaction, if I display it in other Windows programs (e.g. Paintshop Pro) it looks much darker. Is there some option I need to set in order to have them look the same?

Basically, my problem is that if I were to send it away to be printed professionally, how would I know whether the print would correspond to the dark version or the light version?

- Richard