Re: [Gimp-user] Any way to disable GIMP from touching EXIF data?

On 1/20/21 6:48 PM, Jeffery Small via gimp-user-list wrote:
Using GIMP 2.10.22 on Xubuntu 20.04

Ever since EXIF handling was added to GIMP, it has
been mangling the data when saving an image file.
I reported this a long time ago and followed up with a
lot of detailed information which can be viewed here:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/3490

There has been zero response to the bug report so,
at this point, I do not expect anything to be done in
the foreseeable future.

Your issue is mentioned in
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/6050 so it is likely that
if anything is done there, if will also change the problem you are seeing.

--
Regards,
Michael