[Gimp-user] import about 400 .svg as layers automatically - without a conversion dialog popup for each file

I am converting a series of about 400 svg images into a gif.
All works fine, except there is a bottleneck because I have to manually
click "OK" to accept the default rendering of svg (which is fine for me).
So of the 22 minutes to convert, 20 are spent clicking "OK" 400 plus times!

Is there some way to eliminate the "Render Scalable Vector Graphics" popup
and just accept defaults for each and every svg/layer/frame automagically?

One work around I tried was have my image source program (R) export as png
or jpeg but unfortunately R's rendering of the plethora of text as jpg/png
was not very pretty. Gimp does better at rendering acceptable text from the
svg files.  I've also thought of using imagemagick, but it doesn't seem to
natively support svg. Gimp does fine at what I want, but just ... that 400
plus mouse clicks hurts!

Finally, given how simple my workflow is  [1) import svg as layers 2)
fitler/animation/optimize for gif 3) export as gif, accepting defaults) ].
could this easily scripted? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Michael