Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP Building Instructions

On Sun, 2021-08-01 at 19:05 +0200, programmer_ceds wrote:
I could be mistaken but I think that there are two errors on the
Hacking:Building page at:

https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Building

Firstly in section 3 regarding setting environment variables is the
line:

export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $INSTALL_PREFIX/share/aclocal
$ACLOCAL_FLAGS"

This doesn't actuall yseem to be used. I've never set it myself.

But INSTALL_PREFIX isn't defined - I assume that this should read:

export ACLOCAL_FLAGS="-I $GIMP_PREFIX/share/aclocal $ACLOCAL_FLAGS"
I'm not certain - i'd try skipping it.

Before you run configure (when it would be used) you haven't installed
anything there.

instruction is to change to the directory where gegl was unpacked -
should this
not be the directory where GIMP was unpacked?

Yes.

I've updated the page

slave

ankh/b0y/demib0y/barefootliam online
Full-time "slave" in voluntary servitude