Re: [Gimp-user] Orientations, Copyright Notices, metadata, and resized layers

On Wed, 2020-09-30 at 12:58 -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
  With JPGs, you can't just
remove the EXIF data without reprocessing the entire image.
You can if you use software tht does it such as jpegtran or exiftool.

But that has lead me another issue, and this is ration serious.  It
is
easier to so than tell:

  icc:copyright: Public Domain

This means the ICC colour profile embedded in the image is inthe public
domain, not the actual image.

When I resize images now, I am left with an Layer or
Canvas that is still the original size and I have to manually flatten
the image.

How *EXACTLY* are you resizing the image? This does not happen here.

Lia,(slave ankh)

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org