Re: [Gimp-user] Is it possible to run GIMP 2.8.10 and GIMP 2.10.20 simultaneously?

On Fri, 2020-08-14 at 19:39 -0400, Techno wrote:

 I don't want to clobber the older version because I will be lost
without the advice from that
book.

At some point you have to run without a safety harness.

If you approach GIMP with the mindset that the program evolves, and
tutorials you find might not work exactly, then you'll have a lot more
resources available to you.

The best tutorials teach this and also give explanations for each step,
so later you can go back and learn to make up your own methods.

My own favourite book is "The Artist's Guide to GIMP" and again it's
for an older version, but again, all the tutorials become out of date.

On Linux you can arrange to have two versions installed and start them
with gimp -n (new instance); probably also on Mac; i don't know about
Windows, but in principle you could, especially if you don't run both
at the same time.

Full-time slave in voluntary servitude