Re: [Gimp-user] text mode, need instruct sequence

On Saturday 03 October 2020 21:23:35 Cliff Pratt via gimp-user-list
wrote:

Hm, how many text layers do you have?

If I create a text layer I can create it with the particular font and
font size. When I create another text layer, I can set the font, etc
in the new layer to something different. If I then decide that the
font is wrong in the first text layer, and I select that text layer,
it comes up with the font and font size that I selected in the first
place ie, what it was when I left that layer. If I go back to the
other text layer it shows the font and font size that it was when I
left THAT layer.

So
1) I create a text box/layer (call it One), set the font to something,
and the font size to 16 pts. I type something eg One. [I create a text
box by clicking on the text tool, and clicking on the canvas.]
2) I create a second text box/layer. (call it Two). I set the font to
64 pts. I type something eg Two. [I create a new text box by clicking
somewhere outside the first text box.]
3) I decide that the font size in One is too small. I switch to that
text layer [By clicking in the text box.]. *The font size now shows 16
pts*. I change the font size. I don't delete the text. I just change
the font size (to say 32 pts).
4) I switch to layer Two. *The font size now shows 64 pts*.
5) If I switch between text layers the font size alternates between 16
and 64 pts.

Each 'line of text' is in a separate text layer. Each text layer
retains the font, font size and other attributes that it had when you
last left it. Any new layer contains the attributes of the previous
text layer that you created.

Cheers,

Cliff