Re: [Gimp-user] 10-bit display color depth support (30-bit, deep color)

I am still experiencing banding with a gradient made from scratch in GIMP 2.99 in 32-bit floating point mode
on X11 when xdpyinfo and xwininfo say the window is 30-bit. If dithering is off the banding is obvious. I
believe 16-bit support for TIFF is in GIMP anyway because it says it is in 16-bit mode after loading it.

I have tested Adobe Photoshop CC on both Windows and macOS and the monitor does successfully display in 30
bit. No amount of zooming in on the test gradient produces banding in those cases.