Re: [Gimp-user] GUI font unreadable/missing/missing glyphs?

On Mon, 2020-05-18 at 16:27 +0200, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:
Problem is, gimps GUI interface font stopped to be readable or to be
present on my system at some point and instead on all menues I see
what I understand as replacements for missing font glyphs (i.e. small
rectangles with 4 numbers/letters that represent the
character encoding, see attached screenshot).

Probably you have choen a gimp theme or a gtk2 theme (.gtk2rc0 that
uses a Type 1 font (PostScript, .pfa or .pfb fies); the system Pango
libraries no loger support these.

Try renaming ~/.config/GIMP and see what happens.

Liam (slave ankh)

Full-time slave in voluntary servitude